Yolanda, Yolanda name, meaning of Yolanda
Information about the name Yolanda
- Etymology of the name Yolanda.
- History of the name Yolanda.
- Pronunciation of the nameYolanda.
Yolanda is a girl name. There are three theories about its origin and meaning:
- Variant of the Germanic name Wioland, formed from the words “wiol” (wealth or possession) and “land” (land, country or territory), meaning “land of riches”. In the Middle Ages this name was adapted into French as Iolant, Iolanthe, Iolans or Iolanda.
- Name of Greek origin formed by the terms “ion” (violet) and “laos” (country). Its meaning would be “she who is from the violet lands” or “she who belongs to the country of violets”.
- Latin variant of the name Violante, Viola or Violeta, which in Latin means “she who gives rejoicing”.
Categorized into: colour names and flower names.
Image I Love Yolanda